Thursday, February 21, 2008

Clay Pots ~ Crushed Frogs


This is a picture of Sophia and our partners daughter, Kadynn, crushing up a beetle and feeding it to their “babies”.

When I saw them doing this I yelled, “what are you doing?!!!” (along with “gross” “yuck” “ugh”).

They looked at me calmly and said, “we couldn’t find a frog”.

In the Tobo tribe when a baby has a cold they take a frog; boil it, crush it up, and feed it to the baby. If it isn’t smooth enough for the baby to eat they will put it in their mouths and chew it up themselves and then spit it out and feed it to the baby. Sophia and Kadynn are in fact very good “mothers” according to the Tobo people. This mother made sure they weren’t going to chew the beetles up for their babies before I went back inside!

My life is SO not normal!

No comments: