Saturday, September 12, 2009

Clay Pots ~ Romans 8


When God gives you mud…make mudslides!!!


First of all, I want to thank all of you for your prayers on our behalf. We know that God works mightily through people who call upon him and who live in dependence upon him. These things cannot possibly be accomplished or remedied in our own strength, but only as we rest in God’s grace and the wisdom and strength of the indwelling Holy Spirit. As I have been translating lessons for Romans chapter 8 this week, I have been encouraged with all the results of being in Christ:

1. No condemnation in Christ 8:1-4
2. Alive in Christ 8:5-11
3. Children and heirs with Christ 8:12-17
4. Freedom and hope in Christ 8:18-25
5. Interceded by the Spirit 8:26-27
6. Predestined in Christ 8:28-30
7. Justified by Christ 8:31-34
8. Loved by Christ 8:35-39

And the thing which has grabbed my heart and given me hope is the fact that the Sovereign God who has conquered death and hell and trampled Satan in the mire, this God who is my Father because he looks at the finished work of his Son on the cross and credits Jesus death to my account, this God who loved me even when I was a rebel sinner in opposition to him, will he not also give me all things (v.32)? I trust that God will give me what I need, nothing less (so that I complain) and nothing more (so that I do not turn my eyes on the blessings instead of himself).

The fevers are all gone as of this (Friday) morning. The boils are gone and antibiotics are finished. There was not a death this past weekend, which was a ready relief to everyone here, and the sun has been shining every morning for the past week. We will be flying out in a couple weeks to have Malachi evaluated by our mission Dr. in town and will make a decision based on his evaluation. Thank you for your prayers, they have made a difference. But please do not cease to lift up especially the believers to the throne of God. Many are still in the midst of persecution, heavies and difficulties, concerns and worries. And some are still dealing with the aftershocks of death and sickness. Please pray for our brothers and sisters in Christ… that as they begin to hear all the results of being in Christ in Romans 8, that they will be encouraged and strengthened in the grace that is found in Christ Jesus. We all need these encouraging words, and our Tobo brothers and sisters are no different.

Thank you for your part in this work,

Jason

1 comment:

c_ann14 said...

Dear Jason and Kellie,

I just responded to Kellie's most recent email message and noted I would be visiting your blog site soon after in which I did. As soon as your blog page popped up on my computer screen, a flood of tears began to fill my eyes. (They are again as I type you this message.) Immediately, I could feel my heart growing in my chest... at first just from viewing the beautiful picture of your family - Kellie, I am so happy for you, my dear friend - and then in reading your posts and learning of your incredible missionary work, faith and trust in our Lord, and then some. My mood then quickly changed to sadness as I read about the illnesses and deaths you have and may continue to face during your time there. I had to stop typing for a few minutes to hold my head as my tears then turned into sobs. I recognize I can only sympathize with what you are experiencing and pray from my far distance that you will be blessed with more positive experiences than those heart-wrenching tragic ones. I will continue to check in with you. Until then, may God bless you and hold you in the palm of His hand. Love & friendship, Christine Emmerich