Thursday, September 24, 2009

Clay Pots ~ more

~ We took Malachi to see the doctor on Monday. Thank you to all who were praying about this decision of ours since we were a little apprehensive as to what we needed to do for him. We were assured that, although he will need surgery again sometime in the distant future, as of right now, there is no pressing or urgent reason for us to take him home for surgery. So we get to stay together as a family!

~There have been 3 more deaths in the past couple days. A pregnant lady went into labor and didn’t deliver her baby right away. Five days later, her family took her to the clinic and her baby had already died. She died a few hours later. It was heart wrenching to see her body lying there with the baby still in her stomach. Another lady, an older one from another village, passed away a day later. People are starting to talk… some have asked, “What is going on? Is this the hand of Satan or is God trying to get our attention?” Pray for the believers as they answer the questions of their clan members and that they would have more opportunities to share the hope they have in Christ. Pray that hearts will be softened and the unbelieving will find the hope (Jesus) that they admit they do not have.

~The past few days, we have been approached by a number of people trying to sell us rocks. Someone told them that we would buy rocks and give them $ for it. It is a thinking and belief most probably associated with the cargo cult. Strange, but still it has been a good opportunity for both Jasons to tell them again that we are here to tell them about Jesus… and ONLY about Jesus, because HE is life and peace.

Some days you go to bed at night and wonder what was accomplished… Only God knows. We have only been back for 6 weeks and I feel like such a failure because I am already spiritually and emotionally worn out. I was hoping it would take a couple years for me to get to this point. But God! I am learning that in him and in him alone I can find joy and peace because I know that he loves me and accepts me.

Thank you for your prayers!
His Clay Pots,
Kellie for Jason, Micah, Sophia, & Malachi

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jason, Your brother Brian Canright here...I miss you man. It was goood to get to know you. I will pray for you. Though I am sure it's been more difficult for you than I could ever imagine, rest assured that what you are doing is not in vain. One of the things I remember most vividly from the conference we went to together was when one of the speakers made mention of the fact that at the end of 2nd Timothy Paul's ministry appeared to be anything but "successful". His friends had abandoned him, he was in prison, lonely, wandering whether or not his work had been in vain. Yet, those experiences were working a weight of glory he could not even fathom. I hope you find comfort in that. I am jealous of the fact that you are in a place, though more difficult than I could ever imagine, where the question of "am I wasting my life?" never haunts you. I am not saying you don't ever ask yourself that question, but in those moments when your soul is most satisfied in God, when you catch a glimpse of the glory of God in the face of Jesus - then you find deep peace and joy in what you have poured your energy into. I love you and your family, and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Brian Canright

Caleb Bast said...

Hey guys! I just wanted to tell you that you are not forgotten. We continue to pray for you, asking God to give you strength and peace and hope and joy, with thankful hearts filled with the grace that comes through Jesus Christ as you, though dying outwardly are being renewed day by day.

With the love of Christ, your brother -Caleb Bast

Anonymous said...

Hi Jason and Kellie! Praying for you to hang on to who gives us strength "I can do all things through Christ, who gives me strength." Phil. 4:13. One of the things God is working on me right now is to learn how to have His Joy and Peace no matter what happens. Went to Holy Hill Craft Fair last weekend and bought a plaque that says "Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will Strengthen you." Isaiah 41:10 I had to get it - it was one of those that made the "warm tears" flow down my cheeks. We are lifting you up in our prayers every day! I love the song by Audio Adreneline (sp?) "I Get Down, He Lifts Me Up" With Love, Your Brother and Sister in Christ, Tim and Joyce Tuchscherer