Thursday, May 01, 2008

Clay Pots ~ Happy Rememberance Day!


“I will remember the deeds of the Lord; yes, I will remember your wonders of old. I will ponder all your work, and meditate on your mighty deeds. Your way, O God, is holy.
What god is great like our God?” (Psalm 77:11-13)


I know what you are thinking, another holiday?! What did Hallmark come up with this time? Don’t worry, Hallmark doesn’t have the goods on this holiday. And no husbands, you don’t have to buy a gift for your wife on this one (but I am thinking of adding that to the by-laws!). This is a day for a Feast of Remembrance. To look back at the past year and remember. Not necessarily to be thankful, but to remember. Just like God had the Israelites celebrate Passover and the Feast of the Booths to remind them of all that He had done for them by delivering them out of Egypt. We decided as a family that it was about time to have our own little feast of remembrance before we head to the States! We videotaped each family member and our co-workers, the Williamsons, sharing about one thing they remembered from this past year.



“I remember my turtle”
(stuffed turtle / best friend) ~ Malachi (3 years old)



“I remember God’s provision in sending us co-workers and God’s Faithfulness in maturing the Tobo believers.” ~Jason



“I remember when I was scared to be baptized but God helped me and I wasn’t scared and Daddy baptized me in the river” ~Sophia (6 years old)



“I remember God helping me through a dark emotional time in my life this past year and I am grateful for it. I will always look back and remember God getting me through it” ~Kellie



“I remember that with God all things are possible. When I hurt my knee real bad I was able to go to town and be with my friends and stay out for 3 weeks!” ~ Micah (9 years old)


It was a day for music, laughter, and fun! Keep your calendar from the past year and look through what happened and important events that God put in your lives and then invite friends and family over for a Feast of Remembrance! Thank you for all that you have done and given in order for us to be able to celebrate this day of remembrance in PNG. We left the tribe this morning and are anxiously awaiting our departure date in Madang. We will arrive in the U.S. on Wednesday!

His Clay Pots,
Jason, Kellie, Micah, Sophia, and Malachi Knapp

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praying for your safe return to the States.