Monday, April 28, 2008

Clay Pots ~ Review


Discussing the Word of God

“I do not have a lot of knowledge. I only made it to grade 2 in school. I don’t see books (know how to read). But since I believed in Jesus’ death and resurrection for me, I have seen him bless me. I went through the literacy school you taught and learned to read my own language, and now I am able to read God’s Word every day! I know that it is God’s work in my life because these words are very big and difficult to understand, but I pray every time before I read the Bible or prepare to teach a lesson, and God opens my eyes so that I can see the words and understand them. It is not my strength, but his, and I am so thankful that he has given me this work to do.” – Welsen

“We desire to continue to grow and learn more about God’s Word. We are hungry for it. We learned a lot of new and good talk from the book of Acts and we desire to review it again so that we will not forget all that God has taught us.” – The believing women to the men asking them to review Acts.

As we said a few days ago, the believers are doing an outreach to the village of Dengenu. They are going to be doing that every Saturday morning for the next year while we are gone… please be praying for them. Also, the believers are going to meet every Sunday afternoon as well, and they are going to review the book of Acts together so that they will not forget what they have learned. They are excited to do this, and it thrills our hearts to see them desire and hunger for the word of God. As they have been studying through the Old Testament again, in order to teach on Saturdays, they have realized how much they had forgotten; but also, they are thrilled with the things that they are learning which is strengthening their faith. Please be praying for your brothers and sisters in Christ, that they indeed would grow in their faith and retain all that God is teaching them.

May God give you a hunger and desire for his word.
His Clay Pots,
Jason, Kellie, Micah, Sophia, and Malachi Knapp

No comments: