Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Clay Pots ~ Handing Over



Handing out and splitting up the lessons



“I sat there and my intestines were shaking.. As Tingon started teaching, I just sat there waiting for my time wondering how I was going to be able to do this. Then it was my time to teach. My intestines were still shaking, but I started teaching my point of the lesson. And this is huge! As I started talking, God just gave me thoughts and reminded me of what I had learned before, and the words just came out. I know that God exists (I could feel his presence) because I could not have taught that lesson on my own strength, but God gave me strength and I was able to do it. So now I am giving big praise to him.” – Kips (after teaching for the first time)

“Now that we are meeting in the village again, you all can see that we are not just another “religion”. We have just learned the true meaning of God’s Word, which was hidden to us for so long, and now we want to share it with you. Look, these men who are teaching you are not important men; but they want to tell you what they have learned and show you the way to get eternal life.” – Yaka Siwia (Kips’s father, talking to the unsaved who came to the outreach)

The believers decided a few weeks ago that we would go back up to the village of Dengenu and meet in the village square and teach again from creation to the resurrection of Christ. This is where we first taught back in 2006. There are unbelieving people who desire to hear this story again because it has made such an impact in their friend’s lives. Others still choose to reject and ridicule the believers, but to the believers, it is ok because they know that persecution is a sign that they are believing what is right, and it has strengthened their faith.

As my family prepares to leave, we are handing over the responsibility of the church and outreach to the believers. It was a joy to hand out copies of the lessons from Genesis and watch as Tingon, Welsen, Kips, the Doctor, and Alex all split up the lesson so each of them could help each other and support each other as they taught. And it was exciting to watch them teach God’s Word clearly, even though I knew that they were afraid and they knew that other people were going to ridicule them for it. At the outreach, all the believers and about 10 unbelievers came to hear God’s Word. I did see some unbelieving people out on the fringe coming and going, but not wanting to be a part yet. Pray that these people and others will swallow their pride and arrogance and come to hear the message of life. Pray for the 5 teachers as they faithfully expound God’s Word for the year that we are gone, and that they would have insight and wisdom and be sensitive to the Spirit’s leading.

Thank you for being a part of what God is doing here in Lengbati.

Your Co-workers,
His Clay Pots,
Jason, Kellie, Micah, Sophia, and Malachi Knapp

2 comments:

saras said...

Are you going to be returning?

Mrs said...

Oooh could I relate to Kips! Praise God for his courage to do what God has called him to do. I know God's word will not return void!

Praying for the teachers!