Thursday, March 15, 2007

Found ~ Paulas



“By the grace of God, Jesus has washed my sins away, and I am now clean (righteous) in God’s sight. I believe, and do not need to do anything else to gain it! No one can ever tell me again that my sins will separate me from God, because even my future sins are washed away by Jesus’ blood! Thank you Jesus!”
-- Paulas

Paulas has been a pastor in the local religion here for the past 15 years. He has been studying the Scriptures and trying to apply and preach them accurately; but his theology was off a little bit. He didn't understand what the death of Christ meant for us: that Jesus died once for all, so that all our sins could be forgiven; that salvation was not based on works, but by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone; and that all he had to do was believe it! Have you ever read the story in Acts 17:24-28? It is a great story of Apollos, who was greatly used of God, but his theology was off a little bit, so Priscilla and Aquila came and "explained to him the way of God more accurately." Apollos took the correction, and became even a greater evangelist for the Lord. I think this is the case with Paulas.

A month and a half ago, before he was saved, I finished talking to Paulas on one occasion, and he said, "What you are saying seems very short, but powerful. What I have been saying seems very long, and difficult." Then he went home and thought about it for a week or so.

So I went back and talked with him again, this time with Tingon. After we went through key stories from Genesis to Christ, Tingon pointed out that salvation has always been by faith and not by works. And Paulas finally said, "I believe it! It is true. Jesus did it all, and there is nothing left to be done. Jesus said, 'It is finished' because he had finished it. Now I am one with God. Your way is short and powerful, because it is God's way."

This man's testimonies in our meetings have been amazing, and he has already been applying scriptures which he knew to his life in brand new ways. Pray for his continued growth, and for continued zeal for the Lord.

His Clay Pots,
Jason, Kellie, Micah, Sophia, and Malachi Knapp

No comments: