Thursday, November 23, 2006

Clay Pots ~ Thanksgiving



To be honest it was really hard for me to conjure up Thankfulness this Thanksgiving. I know you are all gasping with shock at this supposedly spiritual missionary lady!:-) I miss family, I miss Mom making the turkey, not me! I miss going to the grocery store and having eggs at any given time. I'm tired of oatmeal! I'm tired of not understanding this language, not especially liking this culture, and I would give anything for a babysitter, a night out with my husband, a school for the kids, and a doughnut!

But (you knew that was coming didn't you:-) what is going on here is so much bigger than ME. I am thankful that God chose to use me here despite my millions of flaws (and lack of contentment). I am so very thankful for the many e-mail addresses in our address book and our overflowing inbox. I am so thankful for the sacrifice of many of you who financially and prayerfully give to us. I thankful for my husband who loves me despite the fact that his wife is going through an emotional roller coaster called menopause (I can hear many men groan in agreement with that statement:-). And for my kids who still give me a hug when I have had to discipline them.

Every day I see hundreds of people who do not have the scriptures in their own language and who live in fear of death. As Paul said, .."I have learned the secret of being content in every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all things through Him who gives me strength." The secret is simply this: remembering that I have eternal life, and a home in heaven. And I don't have to be strong because He will give me the strength.
His Clay Pots, Kellie for the family

PS I have a favor to ask all of you. Would you send us a picture of you & your family? We would like to have a visual for our family and for the Tobo people of the many people who are praying for them. Our mailing address is below (if you add candy to the envelope I will put your picture at the front of the photo album...only kidding...sort of:-):

No comments: