Friday, November 17, 2006

Clay Pots ~ Discipling Tingon




Tingon (in the red) talking with guys after the teaching..


Tingon, whether at the teaching, before the teaching, after the teaching, or at his home, has been giving his testimony left and right to anyone who will listen to him. This is roughly what he says,
"You guys all know how bad of a person I was. I was kicked out of the Jehovah Witness church, I have 2 wives, and I have done many bad things, and I tried, but couldn't make myself pleasing to God all these years. But Now, I am free, totally happy, totally forgiven, and when God looks at me he is satisfied because my sins are washed away. Please keep coming to the teaching so you too can be happy just like me!"

This man is on fire! He isn't witnessing because some book tells him to, or because that is what you are supposed to do to be a part of the "church". He just witnesses because Jesus has made such a completely amazing transformation in his life, that he can't contain it. He is bubbling over with praise and joy for what Jesus did for him.

But what do you do when you have a brand new believer there in the States? Yeah, you give them a Bible right away! We wish we could do that for Tingon! But there is not a complete Bible written in his language to give to him. So we have given him the portions of Genesis that we have finalized, and we are going to give him Exodus here soon. You can be praying for the day that the Tobo people can hold the whole scriptures in their hands. There are OT potions ready and NT portions being prepared for them to read at the end of the teaching. But the whole Bible won't be ready for another couple years. It is a long, tedious process. At this point, Tingon meets with me twice a week to talk. We go over his questions and I continue to tell him about the wonderful things God has written in His word to us believers as we continue to translate the lessons on the life of Christ. As we read the drafts of the scriptures in his own language he can barely contain himself in my office as we go over the incredible power Jesus had over nature, spirits, and death! God's word is very powerful.

Continue to pray for Tingon, that he would continue to grow and continue to share his faith. He is being used by God already, and I know that God will be able to use him even more than us in reaching the hearts of the Tobo people... because Tingon is one of them. And because his testimony is so amazing, they won't be able to deny it.

Thank you for your prayers and financial support that makes this possible!
His Clay Pots,
Jason, Kellie, Micah, Sophia, and Malachi Knapp

No comments: