Saturday, June 07, 2008

Thank you

I wanted to stop and thank all of you for praying for me. I was overwhelmed as there were people whom I had never even met praying for me and then calling to ask if everything was alright. Thank you.

The procedure went very well. I went to Waukesha Memorial Hospital early in the morning, got prepped and then was wheeled into the surgical room. That was a little intimidating with all the monitors and all the “stickers” they put on me. I think that my back and front were completely covered in stickers, but with these they were able to see a three dimensional view of my heart on the monitors.

Anyway, after they put me under, they stimulated my heart and were immediately able to find the problem (praise the Lord because sometimes things like this just don’t show up when you want them to). So they cauterized the electrodes that were causing a problem in my heart and then they stimulated it again to see if the problem would re-occur. It did not. So everything was a success. Again, thanks for your prayers on my behalf.

I have been a little groggy due to the anesthesia, and a little sore in places; but I really feel pretty good and just waiting for the entrance points to heal. I will not really be able to see the effects of the procedure until I am able to exert myself and get my heart going faster. Before the surgery, that is when I would have the problem of a racing heart; but that should no longer be the case. Which will be a nice peace of mind on those long hikes in the mountains of New Guinea.

Thanks again for your prayers,
In Christ,
Jason

No comments: