Saturday, June 23, 2007

Clay Pots ~ Getting Better


Daddy’s Feeling Better!

This has probably been one of the worst cases of malaria I have ever had. It, along with the infection, must have really worn down my system because at the 2 week mark, I finally now have enough energy to walk through town without being completely worn out. The chest pain was painful and scary, but thankfully, not heart related. The chest pain is not gone, but I am still on some medicine for the next few days in order to take care of whatever infections are still lingering. We will be in Australia for the next couple weeks just to make sure nothing comes back and so that we can just enjoy some time as a family away from the tribe. We had originally planned a break for next month, flying down with our mission plane, and my sister, brother-in-law, nephew, Noah, and my Mother were all going to meet up with us. We had to cancel all those plans and were pretty disappointed but we are here now, starting to enjoy some much needed R&R despite it being Australia’s winter time and a bit cool. We may never know why God chose to change those plans, but we are thankful that He knows best and we trust in His perfect timing.

We have been very encouraged with what we have heard about the Tobo church back home. They have really rallied together and prayed for me. How awesome is that? People who, a few short months ago were afraid of God, are now praying for me that my health be restored! Public prayer is a struggle for them but was something they felt comfortable praying out loud for. Mankins said it was a wonderful time with the believers on that day. And as a dear Tobo woman (Daisa) told the Janeene, “Jason still has a ton of work to do here, so I knew that it wasn’t time for him to go to heaven.”

Thank you for your prayers and words of encouragement!
His Clay Pots,
Jason, Kellie, Micah, Sophia, and Malachi

No comments: